Monday, April 12, 2010

The Story Behind the Title

So you might be wondering why I picked "Tonto" I mean how fun is it to be a sidekick?

1. Well pretty damn fun. Tonto had it good. The Lone Ranger didn't always need him so he had most days off to sit around and do whatever Native Americans did then. When he was needed he was the one that got shit done. Granted he was often underappreciated, that didn't diminish the adventures he had.

2. When I was little and my mom worked weekends, my dad's form of parenting was to sit us all in front of the TV and watch Bonanza, Rifleman, Gunsmoke, break for lunch and Paul Harvey reading the newspaper on the radio, then resume with The Lone Ranger, and The Andy Griffin Show. If you didn't like it too bad you ahd to watch it anyway. You couldn't talk and you couldn't eat until Paul Harvey came on at noon. Needless to say my dad was a great babysitter!

3. Tonto is just a great name. I mean seriously say it out loud. It rolls off the tongue just like "pipsqueak" or "moron". All around good.

No comments:

Post a Comment