Sunday, January 29, 2012

What is Hobby?

So I have migrated to the real world and with the stress of work and politics in the work place.. I have become a very scattered and crazy person. Several coworkers then started telling me to get a hobby.

While this seemed like a good idea.. what in the heck is a hobby? What do I even like? I have been in school for nearly all of my life do I know what I am good at? or what I enjoy AND am good at together?

I had a random semester in college of trying out Graphic Design. While I quickly realized I need more structure and rules in my life, I did enjoy the creative outlet. I have also discovered Etsy and Pintrest. I enjoyed seeing what others create. So for a while I kind of just bought what others created and it was great.. then as work had its' ebs and flows of stress I began spending more time on Etsy and Pintrest and though "Hey! I think i could do that too (some of that.. some of the things on those sites that people create are well outside my realm of even thinking I could create)"

And that is how I started digging into creating different things and making my own hobby. Creativity and deciding never NEVER just strikes me. I dont carry around a pad to write down ideas because for me I have to have a reason or intended output before I can get creative about what to make.

It's a bit of a process to create your own hobby but it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment